The EAC Board of Trustees and the School Administration recognizes that child protection and welfare considerations permeate all aspects of school life and must be reflected in all of the school's policies, practices and activities.
The goal of this policy is to ensure that all parties work together to ensure the safety and wellbeing of children. This policy recognizes the proactive training that EAC must undertake to educate students, parents, faculty and staff about child protection. It also stresses the process and procedures to be followed in cases of suspected child abuse. In its policies, practices and activities, the School will adhere to the following principles and guidelines:
- recognize that the protection and welfare of children is of paramount importance, regardless of all other considerations;
- recognize the education of all members of the EAC community is critical in the child protection program;
- adopt safe practices to minimize the possibility of harm or accidents happening to children and adopt procedures to protect staff from conduct which may leave them open to accusations of abuse or neglect;
- develop a practice of openness with parents and encourage parental involvement in ensuring the protection of their children; and
- fully respect confidentiality requirements when dealing with child protection matters, subject to reporting requirements.
- fully cooperate with the relevant authorities in relation to child protection and welfare matters.
Click here for the EAC's Child Protection Program Guide.